Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beer 55 - Old Guardian, Stone Brewing Company


After a long day of insurance training I felt a little under the weather. It wasn't just the end of the class I
was looking forward to but I also began feeling sick. Medicine, or a serious beer was needed.

I hadn't had a beer from the Stone Brewery yet so I thought the Barley Wine was a perfect fit for what tonight called for. I needed power. Knock me out power. 1 Pt 6 oz of 11.1%ABV should do the trick.

Scene Setting: Sinking into the couch for the evening. Hoping this giant beer is good. I have high hopes for Stone.

Verdict: I'm pretty sure this is what I was looking for. I enjoy a good barley wine but the last few have leaned towards the sweet/smooth side. The Stone version is a little more edgy. I enjoyed the harshness. Powerful finish too.

1 comments:

what we’re drinking said...

Good luck with the year. It'll hurt more than you'll expect it to. I'm glad ours is on the final leg.

Post a Comment