Monday, February 1, 2010

Beer 30 - Lhasa Beer, Tibet Lhasa Brewery

I went on my lunch break today from teaching in the fun filled world of insurance. Down to the Whole foods to get some pizza by the slice. Who knew that I would find one of the best beer selections in Arlington there. I have not seen a grocery store anywhere come close to offering the same abundance.

I was feeling a little a little exotic today, so I decided to go with this one from Tibet. Brewed with Himalayan spring water sounds pretty exotic to me.

Scene Setting: Having a peanut butter, jelly, and Doritos sandwich. Sitting with my fuzzy headed, 8 month old, smiley son, waiting on my wife to get back from couponing at Kroger. As you can see my life is pretty exotic, even without beer from Tibet.

Verdict: Crisp at the beginning, but the maltiness takes over soon. Great earthy feel in the aftertaste. I'd probably drink it again but I read something about it being brewed by communists. I guess I'll have to do a little research. I don't support communism.

1 comments:

Justin K. Ziebarth said...

I like how your beer expidition is a way to get a break each day from your hectic schedule...not necisarrily because of the alcohol but because of the adventure of it, but the alcohol helps. I can especially relate to finding breaks when you can get them staying home with our 3 kids during the day now.

Justin

Post a Comment