Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Beer 37 - Golden Monkey, Victory Brewing Company


I don't think I have ever been so glad to be done with a class. I verified today that there is such a thing as a stupid question. That's just something instructors tell you to make you feel better. Yeah, it was a dumb question. Everyone behind you was making faces.

Victory! It actually felt like a victory when I stopped talking after the last unit. I imagined trumpets, confetti, champagne bottles opening, and angels singing. I also imagined the sound my hand would make as I slapped that one student in the back of the head.

Scene Setting: I am a fly on the wall. A satellite circling the planet of "Girlsnight." All was ok through the discussion about careers but it took a nose-dive when we entered PMS, and barely made it into crazy professors. Don't ask me how we got from PMS to crazy.

Verdict: I really enjoyed this tripel. Great spices, but what really got my attention was the strength. A strong alcohol content yet a smooth flavor. I'm looking forward to more from Victory.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

golden monkey was my first tripel.. FANTASTIC

Post a Comment