Sunday, February 7, 2010

Beer 35 - Ranger IPA, New Belgium Brewing


When I see or hear the word ranger my first thought is not the Texas Rangers even though I live in Arlington, or because Lonesome Dove is my favorite movie about the Texas Rangers that fought the Indians to protect the settlers. My first thought is of Aragorn the ranger and rightful king in The Lord of the Rings.

Aragorn is mysterious, powerful, and unaffected by the evil force that controls the ring. You can't help but want to be like him. He pushes himself to the limit covering miles of earth on foot in extreme terrain and temperatures, fighting legions of evil creatures, and all to protect the people of the earth from the evil one. You can draw your own parallel if you want to, but I think that is not unlike the battle we fight to save and preserve our family and friends on this earth.

Scene Setting: Reading a little of the The Two Towers (yes I know I read way to many books at once, but I like to keep my options open). Aragonr, Legolas, and Gimli were just reintroduced to the new and improved Gandalf.

Verdict: Very hoppy. You'll have to get one and read the bottle to understand this part, but Yes I'm a hopinista and I'm glad that the Beer Rangers made this well balanced IPA. If I lived in Colorado I would work for New Belgium Brewing!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment