Monday, February 15, 2010

Beer 43 - Mighty Arrow, New Belgium Brewing


I stopped by the Firehouse to take one of the "Relentless Hefes" to James the owner for a taste test. He liked it. His opinion matters too. He's pretty knowledgeable about beer, and he's always trying to bring in new great beers. Some great Dogfish Head is coming soon, and everyone needs to go have some!!

Tim and I have gotten nothing but good feedback on our first home brew "Relentless Hefe." Feedback from a bar owner/beer aficionado, a home brew store owner, and a brewmaster from a Texas brewery. I'm not bragging, I'm just glad the first attempt was a success!

Scene Setting: At the Firehouse, enjoying a beer with James. He just got the Mighty Arrow on tap and I had to give it a shot. James mentioned they have a poker night that is about to move to Tuesday, and I plan to take part soon.

Verdict: I saw a documentary on New Belgium once and I love the brewery. It only makes it better that they make excellent beer. I enjoy pales a lot and this one is a favorite. Good aroma leads into an excellent use of hops. Light fruitiness with a mild finish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment