Sunday, February 28, 2010

Beer 52 - La Fin Du Monde, Unibroue


Today is the last day of the Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, BC. What a finale we had with the Men's hockey gold medal match. Canada wins in OT. It was quite an outcome overall too with the Canadians never having won a gold on home turf. They came through big with the most golds at 14, even though the USA won the overall medal count with 37.

So it is in honor of Canada's success (and the fond memories of my honeymoon in Canada) that I drink this fantastic tripel from Unibroue.

Scene Setting: Reclining in my home office enjoying "La Fin Du Monde" (The End of the World) while reading Genesis and snippets of C.S. Lewis, a brilliant thinker.

Verdict: I just might travel to the end of the earth for a bottle of this stuff. Enticing aroma that fulfils its promise with a great blend of fruit and spice. I also enjoyed the champagne-like feel. Very classy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment