Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Beer 24 - Andygator, Abita Brewing Company


I was talking to a friend today who said something about a temporary job with a company in New Orleans, which made me think about when I was in New Orleans, which reminded me of all the Turbo Dog I drank when I was there, which made me think of Abita Brewing, which reminded me of a beer I heard of but never had. Andygator.

Well, come to find out Andygator only comes in 1 pint 6oz bottles. That coupled with the 8%ABV makes for a serious endeavor.

Scene Setting: Watching the rest of the Black Donnellys series on DVD with my brother and a couple Andygators.

Verdict: I like the beer but with its mild aroma and sweet flavor it's a little deceiving. I get now why the suggestion was to sip and not gulp. Gators look like floating logs until they come flying out of the river and drag you back in with them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment