Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2 - Coffee Porter, Real Ale Brewing Company

Ok, I have to be honest. I had to backdate this entry. Now let me explain.

I was on a date with my wife last night. Watching Avatar in 3-D (fantastic movie by the way). The plan was to find a local bar to visit on the way home, pick a beer and drink it for day two.

The problem was that I got very sick at the end of the movie. Some sort of flu or virus or something. I walked directly to the men's room and lost it. Then I made it all the way to the parking lot before losing it again. It continued in this frequency until I drug myself to bed and fell asleep.

So, you must forgive my missing yesterday's beer post.

As you can see in the photo I made up for it during the Cowboys victory over the Eagles today. Very fitting, a Texas beer and a Cowboys Division Championship. What a day!!

Scene Setting: A short trip from my parents' house to my little brother's fridge to see what he had lingering from a six pack. And voila - "Coffee Porter" from Blanco, TX. A jaunt back to my parents' for the Cowboy game and day two is underway.

Verdict: Thanks Tim, you always come through and I love Texas. I enjoy a good porter, and coffee is one of my staples. Put the two together and you've got a winning combo in my book. I think I'll be taking a trip to Blanco sometime soon. There's nothing better than a road trip with a purpose. Beer tasting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment