Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4 - Don De Dieu, Unibroue


Oh man, what a day. It was my first day back to work in 17 days. I teach insurance classes for 9 hours a day, so at the end of the day I am beat. All day I was looking forward to my beer this evening. No more talking, just give me the beer. I picked the Don De Dieu the other day because the bottle aroused my curiosity. This triple wheat boasting of citrus and mild spice should hit the spot.

Scene Setting: You guessed it, my couch. Watching the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. Cheering for the local TCU Horned Frogs. Watching my fantastic wife feed my 7 month old rice cereal.

Verdict: I hope the Frogs come through like Don De Dieu. I like the light fresh flavors, and the heavy/creamy finish. To this point I can't recall a wheat beer that was so strong to the finish line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment