Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1 - India Pale Ale, Avery Brewing Company


I must admit I began this challenge with no premeditation. I had to begin with what was in my refrigerator because the whole idea was very spur of the moment. I am happy to say I was able to start with a beer that I have never had before.


Once upon a time I tried an India Pale Ale and didn't particularly like it. It occurred to me that that was kind of wierd because I really enjoy pale ales. I asked the local beer expert at Dr. Jeckylls (where I buy my brewing supplies and beer) what the difference was, and learned that I.P.A.s shouldn't be all that different from Pales. Curiosity got the better of me and I bought a few different I.P.As to try. As I looked into my refrigerator in anticipation of my first beer of the 2010 challenge the I.P.A from Avery Brewing Co. located in Boulder, CO caught my eye. We will begin there.
Scene Setting: My kitchen, the evening of Jan. 1st. Wondering where to begin, and how this challenge will play out over the next 365 days.


Verdict - I'm glad I gave I.P.A another chance, and well done Avery. Thank you for another beer I can add to my "go-to list". Avery I.P.A. was full of flavor from start to finish. I definitely got the hopps and citrus which were fantastic and the finish was very impressive. I was left with that wonderful "Mmmm that is a solid beer" feeling.


0 comments:

Post a Comment