Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Beer 25 - Winter Welcome Ale, Samuel Smith


This beer is supposed to welcome the winter. "Brewed for the short days and long nights of winter," the story goes. You know, I think they're on to something. This sounds like an opportunity to catch up on some sleep. Give credit to Thomas Edison for being smart and generous with his knowledge, but we abuse his gift. With the simple flip of a switch we can now push our bodies well past their limits.

Wouldn't it be nice to see the sun setting and know that rest was forthcoming. So in the spirit of sleep with the help of old Samuel Smith, I Welcome Winter too.

Scene Setting: Sitting in my home office, pushing my body well past its limit. Reminiscing about Jos, Nigeria where I actually got a taste of the lifestyle I spoke of above. A three week taste that I will never forget!

Verdict: I think any Ale that advocates more rest and has an endorsement from Shakespeare on the label has to get a thumbs up from me. Fantastic winter brew with solid malt feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment