Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16 - Dogtoberfest, Flying Dog

Several years ago my journey towards better beer began. One that made the top of my list early on, and remains one of my go-to beers when hanging out with friends is the pale that Flying Dog brews. So far I haven't had a bad beer from them.
I did a little research too and they won the 2009 "Mid-size Brewery of the Year" at the Great American Beer Festival.

Scene Setting: Post season football and marzen beer. Saints laying down the law as I read the brief history of how Dogtoberfest got started.

Verdict: Danke, to all the Germans for marzen beer. Subtle hops, delicious malty beer, great finish. No wonder it has won several awards.

Side-note
** Justin you should give this one a shot. And thanks for all the comments, it's good to hear from you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

With Sam Adams Octoberfest being one of my all time favs, I am a big fan of Marzenbier. I just tried a new one yesterday while watching the Cowboys get romped that I would recommend (the beer that is, NOT watching the Cowboys). It's Marzen by Gordon Biersch brewing company (got mine at Kegs & Corks).

Justin K. Ziebarth said...

Delicious malty beer had me, I'll definitely give it a try. Btw...I tried an IPA from Rahr Bros. that wasn't half bad, at least it didn't have that Christmas tree taste that I referred to in one of my other comments.

Post a Comment