Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5 - India Ale, Samuel Smith



Ever since my wife and I returned from our anniversary trip to London a few years ago I have been very fond of Sherlock Homes. Even though it seems like I overextend myself with reading what seems like 20 books at a time I always gravitate back to the next Sherlock Holmes mystery quickly.

Damp nights, only the street lamps yielding a muted glow. A carriage in the distance echoing the sounds of the wheels and the horses hooves on the cobblestones. There' s only one thing that makes the story better. Indulging in an authentic English beer as I am taken deep into the mind of a genius.

Scene Setting: London (my dining room table) a century removed (Tuesday night), and my chemistry set (dishwasher) gently rumbling in the background. One hand on the book and the other on Samuel Smith's India Ale.

Verdict: I really like British hops. I'm certain that Holmes drank Samuel Smith's India Ale. He regularly made time for beer and steak, just before he pulled off some miraculous, genius move. Authentic, I was in England tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment