Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 - Hefe-Weissbier, Franziskaner

Recently, my brother and I brewed our first batch of beer at home. We decided to start with a hefeweizen recipe. Although we hadn't had too many hefeweizen beers, we decided to take the advice of the local authority and start there. We've conducted a few samplings throughout the process and I must admit that it's not half bad.

Today I have chosen a hefeweizen that has been around for a while. Perfected in Germany and imported to us.

Scene Setting: Watching a DVR recording (thanks to modern technology) of the Sing Off championship round we missed over a week ago. Congrats Nota, we were rooting for you all the way. My lovely bride and her cousin sitting on one end of the couch and me on the other end trying to focus on my hefe.

Verdict: I hope ours turns out this good, but then again they do have the advantage of a couple hundred years more experience than us. An age old recipe, seasoned brewmasters, and a friar all in one 12oz bottle. And I could taste every bit of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment