Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beer 26 - Noble Pils, Samuel Adams


Some days just call for sitting at a bar and having one on tap. I have to admit I get out a lot less than I'd like. Although, the wife and three kids have something to do with that, I'm more than happy to make that trade. I thought I'd stroll down Cooper St. and see what the first bar had to offer. It happened to be TGIFridays. Sam Adams has a seasonal pilsner that looked to be my prime candidate. Everything else was pretty much the norm (and that's not how I roll). The bar tender Chantry hooked me up with this sweet Sam Adams glass!!

Scene Setting: Sitting at the bar of the local TGIFridays. A scene so familiar but what seems like so long ago. I'm an insurance adjuster for catastrophies like hurricanes, tornadoes, and major hail storms. The work usually takes me far from home and at long time intervals (at least months at a time). The only thing to do when you get off at 11:00pm is go eat and drink at whatever bar is near your hotel.

Verdict: Crisp and hoppy. I got the sense of a little floral aftertaste too. I may not choose it if I was at the beer store with hundreds of options, but in the same situation knowing what I know now I would order it again.

1 comments:

Mrs. SeƱora Cobbey said...

Fun site. Forwarding it to some friends. Thought it was funny that one of the ads on your site was for a Vitamix blender- the blender touted by raw vegetarians as an essential kitchen tool. Will you be making raw beer? Just wondering.....

Post a Comment