Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 10 - 2009 Summerfest Lager, Sierra Navada Brewing Company


I went to Dr. Jeckylle's a couple days ago to pick up 12 days worth of beer to write about, and I noticed that a Sierra Nevada 2009 Summerfest Lager was still hanging around. I figured I better grab it before it was gone for good. One of the helpful things about this particular beer store is the knowledge base you have at your fingertips when you walk into the door. Both Pat the owner, and Scott the right hand man are full of great information. Pat helped me build a few 6-packs as I asked every question I could think of about each one. Yeah, that's another thing. You can buy singles or create your own 6-pack. A nice feature I think, for the connoisseur.

Staring at the summer beer in my fridge while it was cold outside just felt weird. Fortunately today it warmed up a bit. I was cleaning my carboys outside today for our latest batch and I had to take my sweatshirt off because it was too hot. Clearly a day for the Summerfest Lager.

Scene Setting: The end of a long day of hard work brewing my first Porter. What better than a little refreshment as I watch my beautiful bride organize her coupons for the next week of savings.

Verdict: Crisp and refreshing. The taste actually made me forget that it has been very cold for weeks now. I imagined myself sitting next to the water, sun reflecting off of my aviators while I kept close watch on the tip of my fishing pole in anticipation of the next bite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment